Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

moetech

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hi, I need to import some outlook 2000 email (inbox, sent,ect) and I can't find where outlook 2000 saves email. I have a new pc setup and I have an old hard drive that has the email on it and I want to import all the email from the old drive to this new pc.

Thanks

Outlook 2000 does not have this option. We recently purchased a program called 'WN MailKeeper' that will allow you to export all the email to a CD (or whatever) for archiving purposes. They have a trial version that might give a shot and see if it serves your needs.

We've got user's with ~2GB PST files that needed them archived for offline storage/reference. Matt

All you have to do is locate the *.pst file on your old hard drive. Then use the Import function under "file" tab to import the *.pst file.

This will copy over all your mail..ie: inbox,sent,etc..

HTH's

mot98..[peace]

"Where's the beer?"

True. I didn't think of that. But I don't think that the Inbox is actually a PST file (at least in CO mode, maybe in ICO mode it is)?? I guess that you could make a personal or archive folder, and dump everything into that, and go about it that way. Matt

The .pst file includes inbox, calendar, tasks, contacts, journal etc... Everything you need is in this folder. Just import it and all is good.

Thanks guys the .pst did the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back