Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing / editing pic into Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyfrank

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
I have a PDF document which I have opened with Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 (this is not the reader version, but the one that allows editing in Acrobat)

There is a picture on one of the pages, and I have been trying to find a way to delete this picture and replace it with another picture that I have.

So far, I have only been able to edit text in the document, but can't figure out how to swap or edit the pictures. Can anyone help??

thanks
-frank

It's called the "Touch up Object Tool".
It lives with the "Touch up Text Tool" (white T)
with the Touch up Object Tool selected
click on you image then click on it again while holding down your control button (mac) (it's probably alt on the PC?) this brings up a menu which gives many options one of them is to edit object, which will open in photoshop.
From there you can do what ever you want
When it opens in Photoshop you can delete the contents and paste in the new picture this way when you save it it will place it back into Acrobat in the same position as the other one.

Marcus

Thanks,

It sounds like you 'need' to have Photoshop in order to do any graphics related stuff with Acrobat. I hadn't gotten around to installing it on that computer yet, but will do so...

thanks again
-frank

there is a easyway,
1.open PDFA with imageA and PDFB with imageB with acrobat at the same time.
2.use touch up to cut the imageA;
3.use touch up to copy(cut) the imageB then paste to the PDFA and drag it to the position where imageA stayed before.
4.save it, and ok.

download free pdf tools from
PDFDecrytor,PDFHandout,PDFMerge,PDFEncryptor,PDFSplitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back