Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing Duel Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwinkey

Technical User
Mar 19, 2006
GB
Hi guys,

i am new to this forum and indeed Video Editing in general.

I have a Canon XL1s and use Adobe Premier Pro to edit with.

Now the camera is capable of recording Duel Audio, which it does with no problems and sounds great when played back on the cam, but when i import it into Premier i only have Audio from Track 1.

Does anyone know how to import Duel Audio into Premier? If not, how can i get each track of audio off the cam?

Cheers,

Jay

Dual stereo audio tracks can be captured in parallel using Scenalyzer Live - one to a separate WAV file, the other combined with the video.

for try before buy download.

If it compatible with your hardware, Scenalyzer Live is the ultimate capture utility for DV with many bonus features.

Ey up mate,

cheers for the reply.

As i said, i am totally new to the scene, so have never heard of this program. Is this better than Premier Pro?

Is it Compatible with Enocre?

I have noticed that quite a lot of people seem to use both Premier and Scenalyzer, is this right.

Cheers

Jay

Ps. sorry for all the questions.

Scenalyzer is a capture utility, not an editing program, although there are some basic facilities included for manipulating clips. It complements, not replaces, Premiere and Encore.

Please go to the web site I agve you and have a look for yourself.

Ey up mate,

i have had a look at the site, but just a quickie.

I think i will give it a try as it is just a capture prog and still allows me to use Premier.

One last question about it before i go downloading it, Does it import both Audio tracks through the firewire port and do both tracks appear in the timeline, even if both arent linked with the audio?

If not, what happens to the second audio track?

Cheers for your help, if this prog works the way you say it will be a godsend.

Thanks,

Jay

Ps, do you know a Good Encore Forum? Anyone!

With Scenalyzer, the second stereo track is captured down the same FireWire link as the video - all you have to do is set up the preferences before capturing.

In and out points for the two parallel clips are the same, so import both the AVI and parallel WAV file into Premiere and you can easily line them up on the timeline by setting their clip start frames one above the other.

If you have Premiere Pro, you can do this in a separate sequence if you wish and set up the audio edit before you chop it up in a parent sequence.

ey up mate,

glad to hear that it brings both files in, that great news, i think i will try the trial version.

The last sentance "If you have Premiere Pro, you can do this in a separate sequence if you wish and set up the audio edit before you chop it up in a parent sequence" meant nothing to me though,as i said, i am a total Premier Virgin.

do you know any good tutorial sites? I know of Wrigley video and the adobe site itself but would appreciate any more, especially Video tutorials.

Cheers for your help,

Jay

Have a root around the links at

and

Sequences in Premiere Pro are the name given to different timelines within the same project.

If you create an edit on a timeline (sequence), you can then use that timeline(sequence) like a normal clip in another timeline (sequence). It's one of the very powerful new features that sets Premiere Pro apart from its 6.x forebears.

If you capture two parallel files from a single capture using Scenalyzer, one AVI and one WAV, then if it makes sense to do so, you can place the AVI file on a timeline (File/New/Sequence) and align the associated WAV file on an audio track in parallel. Thus, in this timeline(sequence), you have immediate access to both audio channels with the visuals.

If you now use that sequence as a clip in the main timeline, you can set in/out points, apply effects and transitions etc, to the sequence clip just like any other video clip.

If you go back to the original timeline(sequence), you can adjust the contents, which will then change what is seen and heard in the main timeline.

You can nest timelines like this to a reasonable depth, but expect slow response (not to mention brain ache) if you take it too far.

ey up mate,

cheers for the links, i have clciked them but not had a look through yet, but from what i have seen they look good.

Cheers for the advice in general, it is all really helpfull even if some of it is bit beyond my skills at the moment. Hopefully i will get there one day.

Cheers,

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back