Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing AutoCAD files into Frame 7.0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PattyR13

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
US
I am back to using Frame after a 1-year hiatus and have been tasked to import some AutoCAD files into Frame 7.0. I keep running into a filter error every time I try to import. I have searched around for these filters and have had no luck in locating them. Any ideas, advice or better yet, procedure(s) for importing these files into Frame?

Can you post the filter error message?

If sunflower oil comes from sunflowers, and vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from?

Thanks for the reply. I just found out that the company does not want to change the AutoCAD file to an .eps or .jpeg file(or PDF, for that matter) so the filter error is a moot point. The next challenge is trying to figure out how to keep the CAD file as is. I think I will try OLE and see if that works. If you have any suggestions about this, please let me know.

If you are using the following versions of AutoCAD - 10, 11, 12, 13, you should be able to import .dxf files.

The following discussion in the Adobe Framemaker forums may be of some use:

If sunflower oil comes from sunflowers, and vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from?

Sorry, the URL seems to be getting mangled. If you go to and do asearch on AutoCAD in the Framemaker forum, there are a number of threads. They all seem to recommend converting to pdf then importing that into Framemaker as the preferred route.

In both DXF and DWG it don't work if any text is in a vertical position. Text must be horizontal. Otherwise no go.

Rotate any text that's upright to a horizontal position.

It is also recomended to change to a web font, ie Helvitica or Verdana.

Then it is no problem editing Acad Frames from inside Frame.

Trust it helps.

I have to update my advice on DXF DWG since framemaker for some reason don't want to import autocad files anymore.

In Autocad I export the view to .wmf format.

Framemaker import even big drawings in .wmf easily. Fast as well.

Printing to pdf presents no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back