Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Importing a Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

nommo

Technical User
Apr 19, 2004
US
I had to reformat my disk and destroyed my Front Page files to my two web pages. I have since tried to use the import a web wizard to import both web pages to my hard drive. Each time, I get the message that the specific location " address)/" cannot be found. I get this even though I am typing the web addresses correctly. Does anyone know what's going on here or whether there is another way to import those files?

I know this may sound embarrrassingly simple, but you should try it because the same thing happened to me. When you open the web wizard and it asks for the web address, do not key in: address).com instead key in without www. example: (web address).com Hope this helps. Rdmuzz13

All you need do is go to your web site, on the web, as FTP, like this...ftp.yoursite.com ... click on File/Login As and type in your Name and Password for your site, now, click on the first Folder, scroll all the way down and hold your shift key down while clicking the last file...all your files and folders should now be highlighted. Now bring up Windows Explorer, click on File/Copy To Folder and copy all of your Folders and Files from the FTP server to your hard drive, now, when you bring up FP2000, all your Folders and Files are back, you can now continue to edit your site, hope this helps, let me know. David Parker
TPA Web Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back