Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

imported digital images are trimmed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2004
US
Hi, I'm new here.

I am working on a project for work that I have to import 300 images from a digital camera into premiere pro, and then create a dvd from it. Problem is, after the images are on the timeline, many of them are trimmed off at the top and the bottom. the images are 1024x768 jpgs. Is there a way to tell premiere not to truncate the tops and bottoms?

thank you.

mb

What are your project settings? 1024x768 is a standard size, so it shouldn't be cropped. Just to clarify---are they trimmed on the timeline or after rendering? You might try to maintain aspect ratio (under video options by right clicking), but this will be quite tedious with 300 pics as you have to do each one separately.

I've imported without problems images that are 1024x768 in Premiere. As a sanity check, use another program to view the pics and ensure they are what you want.

Thank you,
They are 720x480 ntsc 16 bit sound? They are trimmed on the timeline as well. I wasn't able to find "maintain aspect ratio"? I did view the pictures in photoshop and the originals before importing are not trimmed off. I did notice that not all of the pictures are trimmed, only some of them, and I'm not sure why, could it be that they are from different cameras? there were 3 cameras involved.

mb

Hi there,
I had this problem a few weeks ago before making my vacation video and couldn't find the answer easily... But here it is:

You need to uncheck 'Scale clips to project diemsions' under General project settings. You may have to re-import the images once you do this so it doesn't scale them down.

Hope this helps,
Spencer

In Premiere Pro, the 'scale to project size' option is active only during movement from project onto timeline, so you don't have to re-import, just put clips onto the timeline again - ideally using 'automate to timeline' to save effort.

Not the same as earlier versions of Premiere, where stills settings were set during import and could only be changed clip by clip thereafter.

Thanks Akribie I was wondering if that was the case, but still hadn't tried it out to see if you had to reimport everything. This should save some time later...
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back