Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Important point when adding 2nd KSU LG ARIA 300 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsarkuant

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2009
TR
Hi,

I just found LMU1 and LMU2 card including cable and 2nd KSU for my existing LG ARIA 300.

Physically 2nd KSU mounted just above of 1st KSU nicely.

I just too picture of LMU cards and was wondering whats the steps to take now and small cables!, what are they for?

Note: Picture is high resolution you may zoom.

Thanks

Just a quick update. LMU1 card also have a small swicth! What is it?
regards

Hi,

Unfortunately manuals does not provide any information regarding LMU installation and settings. Only KSU mounting instructions in there.

Cabinet 1: Link Module Unit LMU1 (used in fist KSU)
Cabinet 2:Link Module Unit LMU2 (used in only 2nd , 3rd KSU)

To operate the ipLDK-300/300E, the LMU1 is installed on the first KSU and the LMU2 is installed on the second and third KSU.

Send your details to me.
See my details in my signature. I will reply with a drwing showing how to install LMU1/LMU2.

///doktor

In cabinet 1 insert the LMU1 board in the SLOT "LMU".
In cabinet 2 insert the LMU2 board in the SLOT "LMU".
Interconnect LMU1 and LMU2 via the Amphenol cable with the black connector. The black samll cable is earthing, and is mounted near the label "LMU1/LMU2".

///doktor

The red/brown cables with the white connectors are used to make the ISDN sync ring, so that the ISDN boards in both cabinets share the same "public network" sync.
IN connects to OUT and vice versa.

///doktor

Hi doktor,

Thanks for the clear & detailed information. Since I don't have ISDN then I will not use red/brown cable. How about the SW2 (BRI/PRI). Should I leave it OFF or ON?

Beside of physical installation, do I need to do any configuration for 2nd KSU?

Hi again
Q:
How about the SW2 (BRI/PRI). Should I leave it OFF or ON?
A:
I guess that it is to switch ON/OFF the sync ring. Set it to OFF, if you do not use ISDN boards.

You do not need to program any thing to get the 2nd KSU to work, besides the installation of cables and LMU's.

///doktor

Hi doktor,

Thanks very much. I don't know what we would do without you :)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back