Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import word table into access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanny

Technical User
Dec 21, 2000
IT

I need to import a Word database into Access. But I cannot succed in doing it : in each square and between each line in a square, is used the function (in modify) "enter" (i.e. to begin a new paragraphe).
I cannot use the "substitute function" to avoid this "enter", because this does not recognise the sign "enter".I cannot use the macro either.
Please please please please, what can I do?
Thanks in advance
Fanny

Try to copy the table to Excel and then in MS Access, right click on the table tab and chose Import...

Chose Microsoft Excel in the Files of type box, yhen open you Excel file.

Fallow the Wizerd instructions.

Thats the way ia use to import word tables, i hop it helps you.

Good luck. Albano

Thanks for your answer Albano.
But I cannot import my Word table in Excel. Because there is some "new paragraph" command ("enter") within my Word Doc and it means smtg else in Excel and Access. So I needed to "subsitute" this command (with a simple symbol)in all my file. And then I could export it in Access.
The problem I have now is that I would like to do the contrary in Access. But the Function "substitute" in Acces does not give me the opportunity to change a symbol into the "new paragraph " command : How could I enter "control+enter" (which is the command of new paragraph in Access) in "substitute with" ?

If somebody knows how to do with visual basic, please help me, I beleive that is the only solution I could find.

Have you tried saving as a *.txt file and importing it from Access (right click)?

Thanks Mr.... "CDJconsulting". Is it your name?
I have tried but the problem I have is that importing file in Access, "new paragraph" command is not recognise.
It is the reason why I tried to get ride of it in Word with the "substitute" function. Now the pb is how to insert it again in Access with the same function "substitute".
Can you help me again?
Thanks
Fanny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back