Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import wizard / Crystal Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrab

Programmer
Sep 1, 2003
NL
Hi there,

I'm facing the following problem :

We have crystal Info desktop v7 running as a stand alone APS on a PC.
Now we installed crystal enterprise v9 on a server, and we want to import the existing instances of the reports from the CI desktop into crystal enterprise.

While using the import wizard; the system keeps saying that the specific source APS is not running. We checked and double checked and all necessary services are running fine (APS, sentinel). We even did try to start APS and Sentinel via the program group of crystal info but with no results.

Are there any restrictions, security issues that I'm not aware of that provide me from using this import wizard ?

Thanks in advance...

Since this was a standalone installation of info desktop, the default value of the flag 'sentinel communication protocols' was checked as standalone, not to communicate with other systems.

Unchecking this flag solved the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back