Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Validation rule violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpleski

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
FR
Hi

I have imported an excel table into access as table IYS News (2800 records) and wish to append this to another table Attendees.

When I run the append query I have created I get the message "....and it didn't add ..... and 77 record(s) due to validation rule violations.

Is there a way to produce a query or report which shows which records are giving the problem?

Thanks.

check if the feild types match.

u can use on error

to go to a sub where u can add the current record
to a new table

Thanks for that but I have checked that and the types match because I am able to import 2,723 records but have no idea which 77 have not been imported.

And I don't understand ho to do this

u can use on error

to go to a sub where u can add the current record
to a new table

Is there away of finding out. A query that will find the records in one table and not in another? All the records being imported have a unique email address.

Thanks.

Solved it now using unmatched query wizard to creat a new table which I then appended.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back