Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import transactions into Inventory management

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggastelum

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
I am new to MAS 90 and am looking for a read/write ODBC driver (preferably open source) that will allow me to import transactions into the inventory management module. I have accessed the database through Brio and MS Access but have not been able to write to the database. My problem is I need to use a scanner to input data into inventory management in real time. My client does not want to scan, take the scanner to the computer and upload the files. Thanks for any help.

Use the visual integrater, which is designed just for things like this. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

dgillz,
Thanks for the answer. My client hasn't purchased the visual integrator. Do you have another suggestion or should I talk him into purchasing the module.

Thanks,
George

I believe the original poster wishes to "import" scanned data into MAS90 in a real-time manner. With Visual Integrator, you can import in batches. It would be too inefficient and time-consuming to execute the import one at a time. ___________________
Quang Tran
(MCSE, A+)

quangtran1,

You are correct. I need to have the data imported in real
time. Do you have any ideas on how this can be done?

George

Certainly, there are several options. However, all of them will require MAS90 modifications by a Master Developer. Wireless, radio handhelds are a possibility. Your client has to decide whether or not it's worth the investments in hardware, and software development. ___________________
Quang Tran
(MCSE, A+)

I am trying to do the same thing as you. I have also run into the "read-only" nature of the ODBC driver. I went to ProvideX's website to see what I could find out there. If you download the current ODBC driver (version 3.22 I believe) and run a custom install, there is a "Write Enabled" option you can check during install. HOWEVER; I have not been able to actually get anything written to MAS90. According to the ODBC log, the column I wanted updated was written to and the record was updated in the table but when I go to view the table, my changes are not there.

Its possibly something new for you to look at. In addition to this, if anyone is familiar with this problem in the ProvideX odbc driver could you please fill me in as to what I am missing?

FYI, I am using VB6 and RDO to access the ODBC source.

Just FYI, here is the ODBC log that is written when I try an update.
Code:
<1220> ------------------------------
<1220> Update IM0_ParameterRecord set DefaultWhse = '396' where CompanyCode = 'DLI' and NewSystem = 'N'

<1220> ISAMOpenTable: Open file S:\imdli\im0dli.soa , fhFile =61548440
<1220> <IM0_ParameterRecord> Check Restrictions on 2 columns
<1220>   Rest #0 col 1 (CompanyCode)=DLI
<1220>   Rest #1 col 2 (NewSystem)=N
<1220>  Accessing table IM0_ParameterRecord using keyno 0 * All records *
<1220> <IM0_ParameterRecord> First Read Seek sts=-1 key='', len=0
<1220> <fh=61548440> PVK_read returns buffer=I/MDLI iRsz='190'
<1220> <IM0_ParameterRecord> PutData DefaultWhse = 396
<1220> <IM0_ParameterRecord> Write key = I/MD39609, dta=I/MD39609YNNY000 C  2002YNNN?2                     Color           Size         Vendor           CostNYN22YD0 N2Y1                         00000015000000010       0000001100000019NŠ
<1220> <fh=61548440> PVK_read returns buffer=I/MDLI9 iRsz='110'
<1220> <fh=61548440> PVK_read returns buffer=I/MDLI9 iRsz='146'
<1220> <fh=61548440> PVK_read returns buffer=vI/MDLI iRsz='110'
<1220> <fh=61548440> PVK_read returns buffer= iRsz='-1'
<1220> ISAMCloseTable: Closing table IM0_ParameterRecord - 4 file reads, 0 re-reads,
1 writes
Code:
, 0 removes
<1220> ------------------------------

Hi,

I also downloaded 3.22 and selected Write Enabled. I was able to insert a new record just playing around. My primary goal for the moment is just reading and basically data presentation.

The 3.22 I downloaded seemed to be a for sale product and worked in Demo Mode with time limit and Nag Screen.

I am having a problem with SQL 'Select [S/OCustNumber]'. I get an error that '[S' is an invalid column. The backslash is causing a problem. I have a post further down on 10/16 detailing this.

Charles

I have been able to get the write to MAS90 using the PROVIDEX ODBC driver. I am using BRIO as the source for my SQL statements. I was also able to verify the the updates were fine. I saw the same problem as BeejCyr when I first installed the new driver. I was able to overcome this by adding the username and password for BRIO. I don't know if this will help. I also have a new problem with PROVIDEX that I am posting in a new question.

George

On second thought I will write my question here. After getting PROVIDEX to write to mas90 I am now unable to update sales orders. After creating a sales order I try to print the sales order (by using Sales Order Printing) and providex causes the print process to hang. I understand that the print causes MAS90 to get updated. Is there a way to get MAS90 to update without the print process?

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back