Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import spreadsheet wizard not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

click

MIS
Jul 19, 2000
US
Help! Trying to get an Excel spreadsheet into Access. The import spreadsheet wizard is not even coming on at all. The cursor hourglasses instantly, and then there is nothing. Is there a way to get it to work? I have reinstalled Access, and try the repair option of setup also. Any help will be appreciated. Running Acess 2000 on win 98. Click

Is it possible that the spreadsheet is very large in size - and that your system is having problems dealing with it.

Anyway, try skinning the cat another way - Create a link to the table, and then use query builder to create a Make Table Query based on the linked file.

Or you could create a macro and use the transferSpreadsheet option.

If you have a number of sheets on the spreadsheet, try separating them into separate spreadsheets and then import them one by one.

If you are still having problems - select everything on your current spreadsheet/s and save it to a completely new spreadsheet/s.

Question : When installing Access 2000 - did you select the advanced wizards and extra file transfer thingies?

bye

Martin.

Thanks for the answer, but I have tried that, I can't import ANY kind of Excel spreadsheet. The wizard just does not come on. I have made a 2 cell by 2 cell spreadsheet, and even that does not trigger the wizard. I tried to link, but all I get is this:
"there is no object in this control" box when I click ok then I get:
"The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist" and it keeps repeating with close, next and finish. I have to cancel.
I did choose to install all the "stuff" from Acess 2000!

Hi Click...did you ever figure this out? I am having this issue right now. Nothing happens excpet in the status bar it continually says "Import spreadsheet wizard". But nothing is happening.

Dawn

No, Sorry. For the life of me, I tried mostly everything(except suing Micro$oft!) If I remember correctly, the way around it is that I saved the spreadsheet as a database (dbf I think) and then imported it to access. I think the other way around it was to save it as a CSV (comma dellimited) and then import. I hope this helps. Click.

This is addressed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q292269.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back