Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import script from Action script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shazza

Technical User
Aug 21, 2000
NZ
Is there anyway of running a .scr file from within a action script? or wizard?

I have AssetCentre 3.6.

yes this is possible
You need to create a new Action (Executable type)

on the field file you select the directory of you import or export executable eg. C:\Program Files\Peregrine\AssetCenter\bin32\amexpl32.exe

on the Parameters
type your parameters eg.
-script:Nameof your script.scx -cnx:nameofyourconnection -login:Admin -password:Adminpassword -overwrite (If you want to overwrite the data, if you don't just delete the option "-overwrite"

Shazza

Why would you want to run an scr file from within AC?

Olivier has provided an answer but, doesn't ask why.

Are you planning to automate an import?

Jason Thomas
AssetCenter Consultant
:)

I have a end user that wants to run four import scripts in a row.

They do not want to manually do each one, therefore I was thinking about automating the import, so they could run an action and then all text files will be imported.

Why not create a batch file that will perform the four imports one after another using the Parameters outlined in Oliviers message, then if required use an scheduling tool like 'at' on NT or Schedule tasks on WinXP

Jason Thomas
AssetCenter Consultant
:)

Good thinking.. I have created a .bat file that will run all imports from an action. This way the user has the ability to run when required.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back