Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import photos to be used in exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcguire80

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2012
US
I have followed the below link:

and have ran the listed script in our exchange management shell for one of our users but their photo isn't showing up when they send me an email is there any thing else which needs to be checked for this to work?

The ThumbnailPhoto properties is checked to replicate to the Global Catalog as well

ok, the photo is showing now when I hover over the user before sending an email but how do I get it to show on the social networking section on a received email from this user?

You would run these from escalated Exchange PowerShell wherever you have the Exchange 2010 management tools loaded.

And you'd need to make sure that the Migration role was already assigned to Organization Managment role, which I think it is.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

where do I check to see that the migration role was already assigned to Organization Management Role

Try to use the command. If you can't, it will tell you that it doesn't know that command. That would mean the role hasn't been assigned.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

ok when I run

Get-ManagementRole -cmdlet Import-RecipientDataProperty

I get Name: Migration and RoleType: Migration

The photos are showing when I hover over the users name in the email message but not in the Social Networking section, unless I turn off cached exchange mode

Did you update the OAB? After udating did you try manually downloading the new OAB in Outlook?

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark

No trees were harmed in posting this message, however a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back