Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import PDF into Word Document 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristianDude

Technical User
Mar 18, 2016
US
Well, I am stumped so I am back with another one. I have manually imported a PDF successfully using the insert -> object function in word, but am not really wanting to go with this method as of the long wait associated and it just doesn't format very nicely. Rather, if I open a PDF, use the "take a snapshot" in any of my PDF reader programs and paste that into word as an image it looks great. Is there anything you guys can point me to in which I can have VBA doing this process for me? Thank you for anything! :]

In that case, the pages may not be getting inserted 'inline', in which case you might use:
Code:
  With Rng
    For i = 1 To .ShapeRange.Count
      With .ShapeRange(i)
        .LockAspectRatio = True
        .Width = InchesToPoints(3)
        '.Height = InchesToPoints(2)
      End With
    Next
  End With
Your 'SaveDoc' code saves all open documents, not just the one you're working on (including newly-created documents you haven't even named yet). This may or may not be desirable. Use with care.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Paul,

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!

.. on another topic.. I think I remember you helping out with a few old projects of mine about ten years ago on another site called UtterAccess. Does that ring a bell at all?

-Kristian

I've never posted at a site named UtterAccess or anything like it...

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back