Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import or Exporting Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arob

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
Currently I am receiving a text file export from one Acess database which I import into another Access database. The process I use is transfer text method. However, the data being imported/exported contains some Ole objects. Because of the transfer text method, these feilds are left blank. Is there a method of importing/exporting data which will transfer the ole objects as well. Thanks

Is there a reason it can't be exported/imported as an Access table?

I have ten field reps which all have a database on their PC's for which they complete their work. Once a month they export their data through Outlook. This is actually about 15 text files, each file is a for a sepearte access table. I then take this data and import into one centralized database,which is used to query and analyze the imported data.

I guess I wasn't sure of any other way to send the data through outlook, other than in a text format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back