Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import not importing all fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody666

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
AU
Hi All,

I can't seem to find this answered anywhere on this forum, but I have a problem when I import a file and it leaves the trailing field out of the data imported. The issue seems to be the first 150 records or so don't contain any data in this field and even though its specified within an import spec, access seems to think its better just leave it out.

I don't want to have to sort this data before I import it, so that some of the records that do have data in this field are at the top of the file (this does work by the way). Is there a way to force access to include this last field or is this just a limitation of the import?

[noevil]

Thanks
Woody
[sadeyes]

This is not what you are looking for, but if I ever get problems like this I just insert a dummy first row AAA BBB CCCCC DDDDD etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back