Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import multiple page .pdf and have flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcdonald

Technical User
Oct 5, 2005
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to import a multiple page .pdf and have the pages flow in Indesign. Have several staff submitting material for 300 page conference book - using several different MS programs, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Need to put material in chapters, give headers and page numbers.

I am using Indesign CS not Indesign CS2

Hello everybody;

I am trying to do the same here; I installed the script and use CS 2. I can import a multipage pdf, the number of pages is the same, BUT they all appear on the same page, so without flow (I get a STACK of 14 pages on 1 page that is..).

I use the windows key when placing the pdf-file and tried shift and control as well but none seems to do the job; can anyone tell me what I seem to be missing ??

Thanks in advance !!

Jos

You installed the script but are you using it from the Script palette?

Hello Jimoblak;

Thank you for the quick response.

I imported the file using the Place command; should that be done in a different way ??

Sorry, but I am new to Indesign (first time today) and had to replace the top side of 600 pages of pdf (in 20 files) with a different graphic; I do not have Pitstop Pro and Acrobat Pro has no possibilitiy of replacing images automatically so I thought let's import a trimmed pdf in InDesign and add the new header on a master page so that all pages have a new header).

I hope you -or someone else- is willing to help me out and I do apologise for not reading all manuals and so on but it's a rush job.

Thanks very much !!

Jos

You don't load the PDF file with 'place' if you want to place it in an automated fashion. This is where scripting comes in. You load the PDF with the multi-page PDF script that you saved to InDesign's scripts directory.

To call a script, open the Script palette and double click on the script. It will then ask you to locate the PDF file that you want to place on multiple pages. You do not need to mess with File>Place.

You also have to have the correct amount of blank pages in Indesign to match the PDF file otherwise it gets dumped on top of each other.

Ie. if you have a 10 page PDF
then you need to create a 10 page ID file before you run the script.

Marcus

I am using CS (1) on Mac. Having trouble finding the script to import multipage PDF-file. Who can help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back