Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import - Microsoft Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Aug 2, 2003
US
Is there anyway to import and load a microsoft work document to a database? I have three or four reports that would like to load to access to produce year-end reports.

Suggestion, advise or how to will be appreciated.

Luis

Thank you for your quickly replied. The document is a work document. When you said that wps, does that mean that I need to save the word document in that specific format. Then I can import the document to access. Not familiar with that format. I just want to keep the format (schema) of the document so that I can load data every month.

Hopefully that help. And thank you again for your collaboration.

The document is a work document

Microsoft Works stores different types of data in different types of file. If the file has a name like "myFile.wps" this it'll be from the Works' word processor and one of Word's options is to open this type of file. I'm afraid I don't know of a way of importing a Works document straight into Access.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back