Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

import from 9.2 to 8.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavelcoan

Programmer
Sep 17, 2002
MX
I exported a dmp file from the version 9.2 and then i tried to import it to a server that has installed an older version:8.1.7 but i cant make it work.
what should i do?

As a general rule, if you want to import into an earlier release of Oracle, you should first do an export using the earlier release. Probably you did the export with the Oracle 9.2 export utility.

you should use Oracle817 export tools, connect to 9i DB and do the export. Then use 817 import tools to import into 817 DB.
Markco Wong

I found that this works fine - as long as you only specify the individual schema names ex: owner=(aa,bb,etc). Because 9i differs significantly from 8i, you cannot specify full=y on the export using the 8i exp program - it fails - it cannot get past the initial 9i system related stuff - like rollbacks, system procedures etc prior to the SYSTEM schema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back