Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import/Export or Report Gen. on HP4K 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwalker57

Technical User
Nov 9, 2005
US
HP4KSME: customers are asking for a report to run to show EXTEN/PEN/DISPLAY NAMES, any good reports via one of these tools?

Absolutely. Use the Import/Export API (XIE) under Assistant >> Utilities. Click "Install Export Client Table", and it will install on your client PC, and can be launched by clicking START >> Programs >> HiPath 4000 >> Export Client Table. Setup the connection to your switch by entering the HiPath 4000's customer LAN IP address, userid, and password. Then click CONNECT. When connected, you should see in the top left corner a field labeled "TABLES". By default this box should say "ACTION_CONTROL". Using the drop-down, change to the table called "PERSPORT". In the "Available Fields" box below the Tables field, highlight "displayname", then click the right arrow to move "displayname" over to the "Selected Fields" window. Now do the same for "extension", and "pen". You can test the results by clicking "View on Screen". NOTE: DON'T WORRY IF YOU RECEIVE A WARNING THAT NO FILTER IS SET. The filter is a place where you could filter the data - for example, eliminate listing anyone named Bob. But to print, you will need to click "Export to file", and name the file. By default it will save as a response file (.rsp), with pipe delimiter (|). You can use Microsoft Excel to open this file, but Excel will ask what the delimiter is, so when prompted by Excel you will check "other" - then enter the pipe sign (|). Excel should then load the data, where you can sort, print, edit, etc.

Report Generator is not a tool that we can generally use. It is used by Config Management (behind the scenes) if/when anyone does a Search. For example, when you enetr Config Management and click the SEARCH button, to find Stations, Report Generator activates briefly, searches the Informix database, and then populates the screen. I understand that experts can write their own Report Generator reports, but it takes some serious work - and I have never needed to do it. I hope this helps...

thanks HP4KSME for the reply, will not be able to run a report untill Friday, but will try it. Thanks again.

HP4KSME, Thanks. I have been looking for this since we got our 4000 four years ago.

HP4KSME:

I am looking at how to write a report via Crystal Reports to create custom reports but can not find info on how to do so. The docs mention it can be done, but nothing further except how to register the report once it is uploaded. I am using a HiPath 4000, V2.0 running SA10 RL05. Any light you could shed would be great!

I don't usually work with Config Management, but I will look in to it for you. Check back tomorrow.

I have a document that provides some details on setting up the connectivity between the Crystal Report application (you must purchase that software) and the HiPath 4000. This connection will allow the HiPath 4000 to export its customer database to Crystal Reports. Building the actual report is done within the Crystal Reports application, so you would need to thoroughly read that product's manuals. The final step is to transfer the report(s) that you designed in Crystal Reports back to the HiPath 4000, and register them.
As I said above: "takes some serious work" !!!!!
How can I get this document to you?

Does anyone know if there is a document that defines the list of Table names and the available fields within the Import/Export API tool? I am currently supporting about 15 sites across North America and Mexico and am frequently asked for various reports. These sites all have HiPath 4000 switches. We also have about a dozen IPDAs.
One report I would like to pull involves the "comscendo" licensing available, or available ports vs. licensing available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back