Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import/Export Not Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjpyne

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am writing a simple script (as an agent), I am exporting an email to a file, then turning around and importing that file (structured text) into a different DB (with lots of fields). One trick already used is formatting the email so that export (with word wrap at 999 Characters) maintains the structured data contained in the email. When I run the agent it gives me dialog boxes (Replace file? and Word Wrap default 75 changed to 999). Problem one... it would be nice to pass the responses to these dialog boxes via my agent and not bother the user.

The real problem is the import fails. and throws a dialog box "Import/Export Not Configured".

Well... how do I read about configuring import/export? Any hint is appreciated!

Here is the simple script...
Code:
@Command([FileExport]; "ASCII Text";  "C:\\web2me4n.txt") ;

@Command([FileOpenDatabase]; "":"ME4N\\suspects.nsf";  " unconvertedbysource";"W" ;" 1" );

@Command( [FileImport] ;  "ASCII Text"; "C:\\web2me4n.txt")

B&B.. This process works when I do it manually, the objective is to automated for sales people and eventually completely automate it on the server...

I solved the Import/Export Not Configured problem by refering my Notes.ini file... There was no viewimp for "ASCII Text", so I changed my fileimport to use "Structured Text" because the following line was in the notes.ini file!
VIEWIMP3=Structured Text,0,_ISTR,,.LTR,.CGN,.STR,,1,

I am still getting dialog boxes ... would like a way of passing the responses needed in the dialog boxes to the fileimport command...

Anybody have any ideas?

Number:

Problem
When using the @Command([FileImport]) function, is there a way to prevent the dialog box from displaying?

Example:

When you use the @Command([FileImport]) function, there are parameters that you can use to indicate the File Type and File Name. Depending on the FileType selected, a dialog box is presented prompting the user for additional information (for example, an ASCII file type results in "preserve existing line breaks?").

Solution
Currently, Notes is programmed to always display the dialog box based upon which File Type is selected when the @Command([FileImport]) function is executed. There is no way to prevent this dialog box from displaying.

This enhancement request has been submitted to Lotus Quality Engineering.

Supporting Information

Related Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back