Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Excel files into Access XP using a Common Dialog Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbel

Programmer
Sep 11, 2003
CL
I have a situation where I need to “Import” an Excel file into Access XP using a “Common Dialog Box” from any Directory, Path etc.
What want to do is, have form with a command button that when clicked it will open the Common Dialog Box and allow me to import ANY Excel file, and then perform the following automatically:
1. Delete the table “TblTemp” which holds the Old Imported Excel Data.
2. Append to the table “TblBase Maestra” which will hold All Historical Excel Data.

I don’t know if this process I have in mind might be the best way to do it. May be some can provide me with a better alternative.

Hoping for a response ASAP

Roberto Belmar

Hi rbel,

I have an example procedure that imports from Excel at the file to look at is Import Multiple Excel Worksheets into Access. The Access 2000 version should work ok with XP and uses a CDC.

This example probably does a lot more than you will need, but you can tailor it to meet your needs.

This is discussed in thread181-582101

Bill

HI Bill,

I downloaded your example Excel file and was very impresed with the help file provided. How did you do it? I would like to do something similar for the Access application I'm working on.

Thanks,

HI Bill!

I am new here and learning about Access. This topic is interesting for me, but I can't download the example procedure.
After clicking on the link I onèy get one possible link: ---> Add a List of Image Files to a Combo - Then Display Selected Image on your Form - Access 97 32.5 kb

Am I am doing something wrong or the link is 'broken'?

Aditional question:
I am doing a MS Access database for my office which should contain products, order number and prizes. Mostly I receive new prizes in Excel file. Is there posibility before importing data to check if some order number (product) is already in the database, and import only prize, and import (add) only products that are not in the database?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back