Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import contacts to System Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejvl

Programmer
Dec 11, 2007
NL
Hi all,

We currently have an Avaya Communication Manager and System Manager, release 10, in operation, which is all functioning well. Additionally, we have Avaya Workplace for both Windows and mobile phones active, and it's also performing well.

However, I would like to import a list of contacts. I understand that the contacts are stored in the System Manager under the user, but I can't seem to find an option to import them anywhere.

Is it possible to import a list of contacts into a user's contacts in System Manager so that they are also visible in Avaya Workplace?

Thank you in advance.

If you're using AADS for Workplace, which you should be using, it communicates with an LDAP server. It'd probably be easier to import your contacts into there. I'm not sure how to bulk load contacts into SMGR though I've never really looked. I'd look in the contacts section and see if there was a spreadsheet type of download/upload to bulk load them and if nothing was there or in the admin guide, I'd probably just give up and do it with LDAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back