Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implementing PBX authcodes for LD calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebrown

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2008
US
I'm trialing using pbx authcodes as opposed to LD vendor authcodes. I've set up the AUB and AUT blocks.

I'm using a 7 digit authcode.
I'm choosing authcode unconditionally last on the Opt 11 to try and duplicate the dialing pattern currently being used with Verizon/MCI on the 61C.

When dialing an LD number from the Opt 11, ie 91615661XXXX there is a considerable pause between the last digit dialed and when ringback is heard.

My test bed system is an Opt 11 on rls. 3.0 and it takes 22 secs from start of dialing to hearing ringback.

My working system is a 61C on 5.5 and it takes 11 secs to hear ringback.

My Opt 11C trunk is a standard 1fb and the 61C is using PRIs.

Can anyone offer a solution as how to shorten the time. db

Forgot to mention that the delay is between the last digit of the number being dialed and the burst of tone(confirmation tone) before entering the pbx authcode.

Hope this will help in providing an answer tomy question.

It might be worth entering a # after the last digit has been dialed to see if it's quicker.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

GHTROUT, Thanks for the info. I've already tried that senario. This test bed opt 11 is programmed with easy bars using SPNs and I have the number I'm dialing, 1615 programmed as an SPN of 16 with FLEN of 11 and getting the 11 seconds longer delay that the Opt 61C programmed with 1615 programmed as a NPA.

I think I'll try and program the SPN in the Opt 11 as an NPA(1615) and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back