Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Implement PC Background via Group Policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbruce66

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
US
We are in the process of implementing Virtual Desktops at our company. I need to have only the Virtual Desktops to have a gold background. I have created an OU and placed those workstations in that OU. Enabled Active Desktop and mapped a wallpaper image to use in Group Policy under that OU. However the background has not changed, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

Sounds like you have incorrect permissions set on the share where you have the background images located... Also make sure you are in the correct OU and that you have applied the policy......gpupdate /force

do a gpresult on the machine to find out if the policy has applied or if there is an error. also, if u r rdp'ing in to the machine to verify, sometime the rdp settings will not show u the gold background for bandwidth purposes. I set a background before through group policy and was trying to verify it this way and did not realize immediately this issue :)

Here is what I did, I put the image under C:\background. Everybody should have access to this. Then created an OU called VDI and enables active desktop and pointed that image under the wallpaper field under that OU. Place the workstations not the users under that OU. I did do a GPUPDATE /force the wallpaper appears in the display tab when the user is place in the OU not the workstation. Must have done something wrong.

Scott

On the GPO you created for this, did you put domain computers in the Security Filtering under the Scope tab? Since you are using machines instead of user accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back