Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMODN

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred.nez

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2018
BR
A client uses a HiPath 3550 with IMODN on it.
Was trying to use it as remote control for changes, but it seens that it's not aceepting any connection, despise being working fine (dialed programmed station for IMODN and it response with modem noise).
I'm missing something here? Maybe any configuration I skip during instalation?

Are you using Assistant E or Assistant C to access the system? Normally you download your config from the system and then edit it and re-upload it. At least that's how it rolled in my 150/3000. You can't just connect to it and get a login prompt that I know of.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

I'm using Assistant E.
What I usually do (others clients) is to enter the Assistant (using the client user where I want to connect), choose Modem and dial the selected DID call number for IMODN.
Generally, change Remote Admin / DTMF Access / IMOD Access / Logon w/o code into OptiPoint extension.
Somehow in this client isn't working. IMDON confirmed to be operational.

I'm just throwing ideas out here now, but did you try playing with the comm settings - possibly try at 9600, 19200, 28800, or 115200?? My system was always weird, but I only had to drive 2 miles to plug a laptop into it.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks for the imput.
I swap some of settings, including IMODN ones into OptiPoint station, but so far nothing successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back