Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMNSearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMelsoner

Programmer
May 25, 2001
US
Hi.. I am having a problem installing the HTML Doccumentation for VACPP on AIX 4.3

I get this message

usr/IMNSearch/cli/imqixdea
the specified net question server is not available
rc = 70

I talked with my partner here and he said IMN was never configured on the test machine does anyone know what I need to do to get the IMN services running

Thanks
J. Melsoner

are all the IMNS files installed on your system? run lslpp -l | grep IMN. You should see about 8 filesets.

If they aren't there, the easiest way to install and configure the search engine is to run configassist (a gui tool on 4.3.3. I think it's called something else on earlier versions). Select the configure online documentation and search. You will need your installation disks. configassist will install the software and configure it for you. I'm sure there is a manual way to install and configure, but I'm lazy!

Thank you very much ... the files were already installed but the config program had not been run

Ok now I have a new problem when I type docsearch netscape comes up with Netscape: 500 internal error on the title bar

and Internal server error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to process your request.

in the window???

Everything seems to be correct not sure what is going on here

Thanks
J. Melsoner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back