Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Immediate window with the forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mparekhji

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
US
Hi All-
May be a basic question for you, but i was wondering if it is possible to display the Immediate window, not in the code module, but in the Database Window view.

So basically i want to Run a Form in Form View and then want to type something in the Immediate Window to see some results.

Currently i have to go from the form view to the code module where my Immediate window is open..

I want to be able to display the immediate window in the same screen as the form.

Thanks
Manish

To the best of my knowledge you will not be able to accomplish that. The Immediate window used for debugging will only display in module design mode.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Thanks Steve. Then I guess i'll have to live with it. I think it would have been kind of cool to have the ability to display the Immediate Window outside of the code module.
Thanks
Manish

You can add a button to the command bar to open Immidiate Window. Right-click on the command bar and select customize. In the Customize window go to the Commands tab, select Module design in Categories and find Debug window in the Commands list. Drag the button to the command bar and close the Customize window. The new button will open the Immidiate Window even if you don't have the Module window open.

Hope this helps
Mangro

You can hit Ctrl-G from anywhere and the immediate window will open.

Luther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back