Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Immediate Call Handling - Lines Not In Calling Group 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmack

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Hi, we've got release 2.5 of the Merlin Messenging system. There are calling groups 770 and 771 (Night) set up already and an Attendant 1 (day and night). The phone rings 6-7 times before the Attendant picks up. The procedure says in order to change to Immediate Call Handling - assign the lines to the Calling Group (then do some other things). Trouble is, when I pull up either of our calling groups, the 5 lines I want to assign (801-805) aren't available. Just shows 806-808 which aren't inbound lines. I've tried WINSPM with and without the GUI and through the console itself and no joy. How can I get our 5 lines to show up?? Otherwise I'm doomed as the Receptionist/Phone Programmer to answer the phone every time it rings! Thanks, Kerry in California.

Kerry,
Is it possible for you to 'cut & paste' the print out for your groups 770 & 771 ?

franke

what you have is delay call handling , though operator position ,is your system set up square or pbx ,with all phones set to no ring,

It's set up hybrid/PBX. Calling Groups from Print:

Queue Type: Integrated VMI
Hunt Type: Circular
First-Second-Third Alarm Thresholds: 1
External Alert: 0
Msg Waiting Receiver: 0
Queue Priority: 16
Queue Control: 99
Queue Support: 0
Overflow Coverage Call Group: 0
Overflow Threshold: 1
Overflow Threshold Time 0
Prompt Based Overflow: False
Secondary Delay Ann. Ext: 0
Delay Interval: 0
Delay Announce Repeat: False
Primary Delay (blank)
Members: 140 141 142 143
Lines & Pools (blank) (Tab says 70, 806, 807, 808 available)
Group Coverage: 30

771 Night
Queue Type: Auto Logout
Hunt Type: Circular
First-Second-Third Alarm Thresholds: 1
External Alert: 0
Msg Waiting Receiver: 0
Queue Priority: 16
Queue Control: 99
Queue Support: 0
Overflow Coverage Call Group: 770
Overflow Threshold: 99
Overflow Threshold Time: 18
Prompt Based Overflow: False
Secondary Delay Ann. Ext: 0
Delay Interval: 0
Delay Announce Repeat: False
Primary Delay (blank)
Members: (blank)
Lines & Pools (blank) (Tab says 70, 806, 807, 808 available)
Group Coverage: (blank)

Hope this helps! Kerry

Your lines are probably in the default pool 70, so try assigning that. If you go over to Lines and Trunks>Pools>70>Enter>Entry Mode>Inspect you will see which lines are in pool 70.

Kerry,
The trunks you're looking for (801-805) are probably in Pool 70 and therefore won't show up as individual trunks. Also, it looks as if someone has created Calling Group 771 to act as a delayed auto-attendent, over flowing to the voice mail after 18 seconds (see 'Overflow Threshold Time: 18'). Here are my suggestions:

In the Merlin Messaging-
If not already done- create an Auto Attendent mailbox 771
[From Main Menu press '2' (Extension Administration) > Enter '771' > press '3' (Assign AA to this extension) > Press '1' (for AA 1) > press '6' (no phone assigned to this extension) > press '*#' (to exit)]

In the Merlin system-
In Centralized Programming, for the Console, change the Ring Option for all lines to be covered by the AA to Delayed Ring.

Go to -Extensions > More > Grp Calling > Overflow > Enter '771' [Enter] [Enter]> Select Time Based Overflow [Enter] >
Backspace over the '18' and change to '1' [Enter] [Exit] [Exit] [Exit] (note: you can set this to '0', but I've seen this create erratic problems, so I suggest a minimum of '1')

Go to -Extensions > More > Grp Calling > Line/Pool > Enter 771 [Enter] > Enter '70' (and any additional lines to be covered by the AA) [Enter] [Exit] [Exit] [Exit]

As a side note, you should also go to-
Extensions > More > GrpCalling > Hunt Type > Enter '770' [Enter] > Select Linear [Enter] [Exit] [Exit] [Exit]

That should do it for you. Give it a try and see if that solves your dilemma.

franke

Thanks all, I followed Franke's detailed instructions and it works like a champ now, for both the day and night services. I'm almost looking forward to Monday now - we'll see how many customers have the patience to use the directory and transfer to extensions, and how many will just punch 0 for operator anyway! Really appreciate the help...
Kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back