Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

immediate answer night / delay during day

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstcomm

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
Hi, I just finished installing my first Legend system with a MLM 007 card. I have my mail ports in cover group 770 my stations in group 30 and my lines in group 791. I have got the AA to answer after 18 seconds of delay. This config is working for the day with no trouble. I have programmed a Night service button on ext. 100. I have also change to the business schedule; open 9-5 M-F closed S-S. The only trouble I am having is when the system goes into Night mode the system still uses the 18 second delay before the AA answers. My customer would like it to answer at first ring when in Night and only use the delay during the day. I have tried some different things but just can't get this thing to change to immediate answer when in Night Mode.

Thanks in advance.

Go to your night service programming and set your lines to the voicemail calling group(770?)and make sure that the operator's extension is in the "Extensions" under "Group Assign". (assuming that the release is new enough to allow for "Lines" in Night service.)

Thanks for the reply;I figured I was just missing something simple. I was looking in the AA programming procedures. I have found the procedure in the Legend 7 system Programming. And it's like you said.

Thanks again.

Well, this feature is turning into a bite at a time. The AA now answers immetiately in the night mode but only when the Night button on ext. 100 is activated. When the Merlin business schedule is used it, the Night greeting is played but the calls are not answered immediately. The calls answer with the delay.

One other thing, I set the last line in the c.o. hunt group as a shared line for remote access. I did not include this line in the night service group to be answered immediately. When the night button is used this line answers incoming calls with the stutter dial, tone as it should. When the Merlin business schedule is used it does not answer with the stutter tone but answers with the delay and the night recording. It seems the business schedule does not pay attention to the night service group in the same manner that the "night button" does.

Also, when I dialed into the shared line with the night button set to the night mode the line answers with the stutter tone, I enter the barrier code that I set, I then dial *10 to access the internal modem. The modem answers, so I know this is working as a direct RMD when using the "night button" in night mode. When I use SPM to dial in remotely I access it with this dialing string: NPANXXXXXX,,,,,XXXXXXX,,*10. The SPM then prompts for a password. Per the Legend r7 programming it says the password for the modem is provided by the 'SC' (system consultant). The customer purchased this system on the internet. Do I need to contact Avaya for this password? Or, can it be derived from the system on prem. from a serial number or something like that.

99% done and this last 1% is just killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back