Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMAP in Notes R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecrack

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
My company is beginning the move from Microsoft Exchange 2000 to Lotus Notes R5 (5.11) to be compatible with our parent company. About 30% of our users use Linux at work and an even higher percentage uses Linux and Mac OS at home. We are trying to get IMAP and web stuff working for all users and we are running into problems. Basically we need each user to be a full Lotus Notes user with access to iNotes and IMAP. That way the user can check mail in whatever form they want but still have access to Lotus Notes databases and such.

The problem we are currently having is that we cannot seem to get any of the Lotus Notes users working over IMAP. It tells us the database is not enabled for IMAP. By-the-way, this seems to work in R 6.01. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bluecrack

Starting with the basics sorry - I assume the IMAP Server service has been started on the server?

Jonny,

Yes, IMAP is started. We have a Notes 6 server and a Notes 5 server running. On a Linux machine, I used Evolution as the IMAP client and ran sessions to both servers. The Notes 6 server worked just fine. The Notes 5 server told me the database was not enabled for IMAP. I actually captured both sessions with Ethereal (a network sniffer) and the IMAP server is clearly answering.

Is there a problem having a regular notes user use IMAP in Notes 5?

Bluecrack

Sorry if this is too late, but if you have enabled IMAP in the configuration document, and made sure that the task is running, you will need to enable the database for IMAP by keying in the following command at the console

load convert -m mail\xxxxxxx.nsf (where xxxxx is the name of the database, and mail is the directory)

lemuelq,

Thanks for the info. It looks like we may be moving to R6 so hopefully this won't be an issue. I'll try this on our test server and see if it works.

Bluecrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back