Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

imaging/installation and licensing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

galorin

MIS
Nov 22, 2007
GB
We use AutoCad Architecture 2008 on two machines in our office. We are in possession of three licenses. The other PC's use in-house software for design work. I am working to streamline PC maintenance and deployment, as well as writing our various IT Policy Documents. I'll outline our basic plans.

No work-related files are stored on local machines, it is all stored on a remote file server.

All machines are restored to a set default configuration at a set interval (undetermined). It is then up to the users to install their own toys pending approval.

Are there any issues with regards to licensing when I create the image, or restore the image with a licensed version of AutoCAD pre-installed?

When I last did this I had few problems (took a few goes). From memory I think you just need to know where the licence server is installed and point to this location when prompted at the network install options. My package still needed a little user input as I was also installing third party software.

I hope this helps,

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back