Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjch

Technical User
May 26, 2006
GB
Hi everyone,

Up until a few weeks ago I have always been able to double-click an image and it would automatically open up in Photoshop CS. But now it just loads Photoshop without opening the image. In Quark 6.5 I used to be able to open an image in "Utilities" but again it just loads Photoshop without opening the image.

I have checked in the "Get Info" window for several images and they are all set to open with Photoshop. I have 1000's of images and have tried randomly opening 30-40 of them with the same negative result.

Although I can open the images by going in to Photoshop and then "Open" it takes alot longer.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
SJCH

Go to Adobeforums.com and check out the FAQ regarding this issue.

If you have not upgraded or reloaded you OS before this started happening, you migh try trashing your Findr preferences. Quit all apps andgo to user/library/preferences and trash "com.apple.finder.plist'. Then restart your machine.

After that select an image and Get Info. Select PS as the app to open and make sure to click the Change All button in the Get Info so that all of that type image opens in PS. Repeat for each image type - picking the app you want.

Still no luck, you can reload PS. Make sure that you copy your plugins folder if yo have added PS plugins.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Reloading PS is no help as noted in the FAQ at adobeforums.com

I'm running OS 10.4.6 and Photoshop CS 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back