Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images/pictures for a web site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

technisup

Programmer
Sep 28, 2007
US
Hello, i wonder if i can find a website that offers cool images or pictures whether is by special request or from the db, hope it not too expensive.

Thx.

Search for 'stock photos' or 'stock phorography'. There are many such sites.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

'stock phorography'
is, of course, supposed to be 'stock photography'. [blush]

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Google images is not stock photography. Most of what you find there will carry copyright.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

hope it not too expensive.

"Stock photography" can be inferred from that statement can it not?

OK so lets assume he searched Google images to find a picture. What then?

Most likely, he can't just use the image as this would contravene any copyright agreement on it.

The quoted statement implies he wants to use the image for something and that he appreciates he may have to pay for the right to do so.

Granted he could use Google Images to find an image then try to track down the owner of the image and ask for permission to use it.

Or.. he could use a stock image site and most likely get a better quality image and the legal rights to use it.

Which is easier?

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Someone, posted this link pretty recently but I can't find the original thread! It searches a number of stock photography sites:

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

As a web designer I can highly recommend istockphoto.com. Most web quality images are less than $2 each. I've used them for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back