Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images in PDFs Disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWilent

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
US
In PM7 in Windows, I place ads in my newspaper as PDF files that include text and graphics, then create PDFs of the PM7 pages (Print as PS file, then convert with Distiller). This works fine most of the time, but with some of the PDF files I place, the images disappear after creating a full-page PDFs.

In other words, the pages (with numerous graphics and lots of text) look fine on-screen, but some images fail to appear ot print once the pages are converted to PDF files (which I take to the printer for prepress).

The odd thing is that these same PDFs convert/print just fine if I place t hem in a new PM7 publication.

Anyone have a solution?

How did you place the graphics, and what sort of graphics did you use.

For best results, first use ONLT the FILE>PLACE command to place garphics. Never copy/paste (except from one PM doc to another).

Second, use only TIF or EPS graphics. Don't use JPGs, expecially Progressive JPGs.

Hope this helps. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

The problem I have is when I File>Placed PDFs -- the TIFFs and EPSs I use always wowrk fine. I dunno how the PDFs were created, but maybe if they were on Mac systems the PDFs don't view/print properly. It's a mystery.

SWilent

Have you downloaded the 7.01 update from Adobe for PM? it is free, and it fixes a lot of glitches. I don't know if it will help in this matter, but it is a place to start.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back