Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images are greyed out when placed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandian

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
JP
When I Place graphics (Tiffs) into Pagemaker 6.5 the images come up as grey boxes. I have gone to preferences and made sure that Standard is ticked for graphics display. The link info is also all correct. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amanda

What are you working on PC or Mac? I get what your talking about when I try and place are that was saved for the Mac when I'm working on my PC. Try opening your files and saving down to what format your working on.

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

I've had this happen before as well. I've found that for me it happens if I copy and paste from Photoshop into Pagemaker and then don't save the Pagemaker file BEFORE shutting down Photoshop. I'm on PC.

When I Place graphics (Tiffs) into Pagemaker 6.5 the images come up as grey boxes.
Mac or PC?
Which version of the OS?
Have you embedded any colour profile, and what mode is the original image in PhS?

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

>>copy and paste from Photoshop <<

Eeek!! Use File>Place after saving the Photoshop file.

Yeah, I know. But when You're placing about 50 little faces separately into a real estate layout, the time savings is substantial. I usually "place,. tifs, but sometimes deadlines loom....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back