Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Images and content not showing up in Dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixoticwolf

Programmer
Nov 24, 2006
US
Hi, bit of an embaressing question here, but I'm using a template in Dreamweaver and suddenly all I can see is the orange grid, and text fields / new images I drop in. All of the images I was using were in .div layers and established in the template, they still show up when I publish or preview, but when editing I cant see any of them, in the template or the linked files. Does anyone know what option I must have inadvertantly set, and how to fix this? Thanks

I've got a quick screengrab showing what i'm talking about.

As you can see, the design window is at 0' 0', where the background image should be beginning, b ut instead all you can see is that grid and the outlines of the .div layers that are in the editable region of the template. What's going on? All the files are there, it publishes fine ( for example)

Dude, be glad that is even showing up in the browser! You have some invalid HTML going on for starters. There's HTML within the head tag, the script, title, etc. are above the title tag instead of within it. There's the link tag for your style sheet within the body tag.

I'd at least get all of that straightened out and then see if it shows up in DW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back