Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipe26

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
PT
hi i have a dbimage and i want to store the image in my paradox table.I have datamodule.dbimage.value:=......
What i have to put there??i made:

if abrir.Execute //Topenpicturedialog// then
foto.Picture.LoadFromFile(abrir.FileName);

and now hor to put this picture in the table?

You have to to put it into a BLOB field,
I dont know if Paradox supports it though...

- fruNNik

yeah i know and i have it in the table ,it's a field of graphic type which corresponds to blob but waht i want to know it's the sintax of it.

You use a TBlobField to assign the image to it:

if not (Query1.State in [dsInsert, dsEdit]) then Query1.Insert;
Query1Images.Assign(Image1.Picture.Bitmap);
Query1.Post;

where Query1Images is a TBlobField

hth

- fruNNik

When i post everything occurs fine withou errors but when i scroll thru another records the picture remains.I dont know if it records the image because in my database desktop i only see <Blob Graphic>.

I Guess you are using a dbgrid for viewing the dataset ?, that wont display the picture (without help).
You need to display the image in a separate control. Catch the OnChange event of the Dataset and assign the data of the blobfield to an image.

hth

- fruNNik

Yes but i have a dbimage linked to the table not a dbgrid.

Well, that should work (i think). Did you assign the field property of the DBImage to the Blobfield ?

- fruNNik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back