Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Viewer Linked to Tif file in Access2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterex1

Vendor
Mar 31, 2003
CA
Good Afternoon
We are preparing to update from Access 2000 to Access 2003
I am testing an Access FOrm with an image control that works fine in Access2000.
The user selects a file name from a drop down box. Clciking a command button sets the Image picture property to that TIF file.
However- I am getting an error message in Access2003 saying the file type is not supported. Even when I try to manually set the property to a til file -- tif is not supported. Is there a know work around or different object that I can use?
THANKS!!!! Tim

Hey Tim...

Without installing any additional software, image files in 2003 only support cgm, .cdr, .eps, .gif, .ico, .jpg, .pict, .png, .bmp, and wpg files. Bound and unbound objects only support .bmp and .dib.

Either convert your graphic files to .png or .jpg, or install the OLE server that is capable of rendering the TIF file. Remember tho, if you are installing the OLE server packet, it needs to be on all the users machine for them to see the TIF graphic...IMHO, it's easier to convert the file to a useable file type.

Thanks
I will have to install the software as the file types can not be changed. The database form is used to view first page of a scanend image to assign indexing values before it is posted to our data warehouse.
As it was a test amchine - it must not have the imaging software on it as yet --
Thanks A Bunch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back