Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image upload using developer api

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgd1234567

Programmer
May 2, 2007
GB
Hi, i am building a website which requires my users to upload lots of images. I feel this could clog up the server in terms of bandwidth and space.

I was wondering if i could use a third party website to upload my images too via a developer api. However i don't have much experience in this field and am not sure if this option will be sufficient? I was also wondering if anyone could share some of the existing sites they might have used to do this. The site would need need to be:

- Fast
- Reliable - Up almost all the time and also long term assurance that the site will not be closed down
- No limits on number on images to upload (size and number of images)

One site i have found is flickr. Here is the article which interested me:

Really appreciate your advice on this. Thanks

I doubt Flickr would let you have a single account where you upload all of your users' images. They'd almost certainly let you allow your users to interact with their own Flickr accounts, though.

You may also want to consider dynamically compressing images as they're uploaded which will cut down on both disk space and bandwidth overhead.

MCP, MCTS - .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back