Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASEN40

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
US
I am trying to upgrade the image of a 2650. At first I would use xmodem to download the image that I wanted but I would get a "nbt enough flash memory" error. So, I bought more flash memory. Now I get a not enough IO memory error. WTF? Any thoughts, suggestions, solutions?

Thanks,

JTK

Before you download any IOS, the minimum recommended memory will be shown.

You must check that your router has the minimum requirements

Post a show version with the exact image you are trying to install

Mark

You may need to remove old files from flash as well. You may have the right amount of flash, but there may not be room left for the files you are trying to place there.

Type "show flash" from privileged mode to see what files are currently there. As sirroutesalot said, you probably will have to delete the old image to free up some room. Use the "delete flash:<image name>" to free up space, then copy the new image over.

If you plan on using the http server on the switch then you might want to copy over the archive file instead, which includes the image plus the updated web pages. You'll have to look on CCO for those instructions since they're a *little* more complicated.

HTH,
John

Thanks-

Upgraded flash and DRAM and it's all good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back