Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image stripped in IE6 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskuse

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
GB
I have recently designed a web site using using templates where one of the editable regions is for an image (jpeg).
The site has been tested in most browser situations and works absolutely fine, however my client, whom the site is for, is running Windows XP (SP2) and Internet Explorer 6(SP2) and the image down the right hand side does not display. When I view the source of the page the image is not there (in the editable region as it should be) and it's as if the image has been stripped.
Is it possible that this is an IE6 SP2 bug? Unfortunately, I am unable to load SP2 for IE6 onto any of our PCs so I cannot be 100% sure that this is the problem.
Can anyone offer me any insight into this?
The only other thing I think it could be is the Norton Anti Virus software that my client is running.

Any advice would be much appreciated, than you in advance for your responses.

Rach

I tried the link and found the same images using IE (SP2), and Firefox. Does your client use antivirus/antispyware software?

I am using XP SP2 and IE (SP2) shows a hand holding a leaf on the right hand side.

Ok so it's not SP2!! Thank you for following the link!

My client is using the latest Norton Anti-Virus - I went through the options and unchecked one of the tick boxes that stated not to allow some scripts through but this didn't make a difference.

Any ideas as to what I can try next, other than uninstalling the software?

Thank you

Do a test. What happens when you view this page?

What happens when you click on any individual image?

Three things to try:

. on general principles, ensure that all needed DLLs are registered by using IEFix: . In IE, Tools, Internet Options:

. Click Security, Internet Zone icon, Custom Level. Scroll down to the Miscelanneous subsection, and set the choices to:

Enable
Enable
Disable
Enable
Prompt
Enable
Disable
Enable
Prompt
Prompt
Enable
Enable
Medium
Enable
Enable
Enable
Enable
Enable

And click OK to save those changes.

. Under the Advanced tab of Internet Properties, checkmark all selections under the subhead "Multimedia" and click OK to save those changes.

Exit IE and then restart IE. Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back