Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image Sizes and Optimizing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBell99

Programmer
May 28, 2001
US
Ok, I use a program called PSMPlay to capture screen shots of Final Fantasy games for my website, but.....there are a few problems. Ok first, I can only save in Bitmap format with that program, but I need the pics in JPEG format. And I need them optimized. Well I know how to do all of that, but... I have made over 900 pics and I need them all optimized, and in JPEG format, I also need a way to make thumbnails of ALL of those pics. I know how to do all of these things with Photoahop...but is there an easier way to just convert and optimize an entire folder and then also make a thumbnail version of all those pics at one time? I really need the quickest way out....someone help!!!! Jeremy Bell -
Webmaster of

Try using Actions. With Actions you can record all the manipulations you do to the first picture. Afterwards you can use the recorded action on the rest of your images.
Steps:
Open the Window "Actions".
Press the arrow In the upper right corner of this window. A dropdown menu appears.
Deselect the “Button Mode”
Select “New Action…” and a window appears.
In this window you can give your Action a “Function key”. I prefer that, when I have to use my Action several times.

Try now experimenting with all the things you can do with this handy tool.

I don’t know any other way than this for your work.

wow! Thats cool, I had no idea I could do that. I've only had hotoshop 6 for about 3 months now....so I'm still a newbie. Jeremy Bell -
Webmaster of

JBell, Your answer helps me tremendously, but where is the "action" window?

Hey surf117
Use either the shortcut key ”F9” or select “Window” from the menuline. A dropdown menu appears where you select ”Show Actions”.
It is also worth trying the helpfile for photoshop when learning about Action. Compared with other helpfiles, Photoshops help, contains a lot of illustrations which make it almost delightful to use help....almost.

There's also Jasc Image Robot (don't hurt me).

It's meant to setup macro's when dealing with warehousing images (watermarking, cropping, resizing, color, whatever).

PS's Actions are good, but not on the scale that I have needed (back in the day of PS 4, if that will quell any arguments ;) "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission." - Rear Admiral Dr. Grace Hopper

You can aply an action to an entire folder. is the most easy way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back