Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image quality 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocoutts

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
GB
Hello.
I am a new user of Quark (please excuse my dumbness).
I imported Jpg and Tif files into my document and want to send this file over to the printers.
All images are have a resolution of 600 and are quite big files (some up to 3MB). However, my final .qxd file is a mere 400KB. This can't be right.
I am assuming Quark has compressed the image files considerably, so this won't be acceptable for the printers.
I have heard of "print to file" but have no idea how to do it?
Sorry

Hi
When you save your QX doc the tiffs/jpegs are not embedded. When saving to CD or Zip etc for the printer, you must include all of the items used in your layout, graphics files, eps's and preferably fonts as well as the Quark document.
The best way to save is to do "COLLECT FOR OUTPUT' from the File menu. All of the elements within your layout are duplicated into a new folder along with the QX doc file. However, fonts are not included ( at least not on preQX 6 versions) so you will have to copy the fonts separately.
Iam assuming that you are printing by conventional Litho so be sure to check that all your picture files are CMYK and not RGB.

Rickwells,
Thank you for your reply.
It makes sense now, I simply didn't know that images were stored separately (like a website).
I have converted the files into EPS and inserted into Acrobat. This is much better.
Thank you very much
Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back