Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaveTrouble

Programmer
Jan 10, 2005
US
Is there a way to create a Tiff image using visual basic 6.0 ? I have a database of sales order information. I want to create an order sheet for each order and save it as tiff image on my server. How can this be done ?

Yes it is possible, but it may be easier to create a PDF file, as there are many free PDF writers available (both by code or/and by printer driver).

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Would you mind providing some tips on how to create TIFF in VB 6.0 ?

Why do you want to save it as a TIFF? There maybe more suitable formats

There are no intrinsic VB methods to save as a TIFF file. However, the Kodak image edit control does allow you to do this. It comes as part of the win 95/98 installation, but I don't think it was in anything later than that. There are other ways of getting hold of it however - try a Google search including "imgedit.ocx". For info on using it, try:

Although the customer has required that it may be advisable to speak with him and point him into another direction.

As I said PDF is, perhaps, a better choice, and I am sure that the customer will be very likely to be able to handle that format.

Regardles of that see exactly what are the requirements for the format to be TIFF and investigate possible changes to that. It may turnout that a better solution for both you and the customer is neither TIFF or PDF.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Ok, you can do it using the little publicised Windows Image Aquisition libraries, which are Microsoft's 'replacment' for the Kodak/Wang controls and which I have previously mentioned in this forum in thread222-787961

In that thread I also mention using GDI+ (which is what the above libraries are based on), and you should be able to find my examples of using the GDI+ library to save jpgs (minor modification will allow the examples to save TIFF instead), eg thread222-760856

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back