Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image management

Status
Not open for further replies.

evalesthy

Programmer
Oct 27, 2000
US
I have just been given work to do on an existing database. In short, the database stores information on scanned documents (blueprints, etc.) and you can view the image from a form in the database. Most of the work that needs to be done is quite straight forward stuff (new forms, queries, etc.) But, they would like to add some image management tools including a zoom window to enlarge a selected area of the image, and the ability to despeckle or deskew the image. I know nothing about this functionality - can these types of abilities be added through controls (activeX, etc.). Any help at all including references to articles, web sites, etc. will be appreciated.

I like the thought here!

In a previous place of work we roughly did the same thing. Basicly documents scanned in were filed as tiffs, our database refered to these images to view them (rather than chunking the database out with shed lods of files). Beacause to load the image in the database we had to use a file path reference, the file path was stored in a table in access.

You should be able to refer to the file, and invoke a file viewer such as Windows Imaging to open the file.. and subsequently zoom in etc..

Good luck with this - sorry I cannot paste any specific code (I no longer have the applciation!)

Si

You can try with any Imaging Toolkits like Leadtools, Kofax Imaging or Kodak Imaging Controls (free but with less functionality).

I hope it will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back