Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image in text area

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs7536

Programmer
Apr 20, 2003
US
how do I make an image display in a text area from the DB. my sql.

when I add the code in the textarea it comes back as text no image. any idea.

Thanks in advance.
Max

can't we all just get along

Max

Max said:
image display in a text area
You cannot put images in the textarea. Textarea contains the unprocessed code, so anything you put in the textarea will come out as plain text. Is there a special reason why you need to put this in textarea?

No, it does not seem she did it.

Just take a look at the source HTML of that page. They're using an iframe, not a textbox.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

got you, sleipnir, thanks a million. Im on it now. is this the only way to accompish something like this.

I am using it for a image collection, instead of using the 10 in a page with the next button I wanted to use this feature for the sake of my design.

Max

You still did not tell us what is it you want to accomplish. Is it the visual style, or is it the fact that the box has a scrollbar, or something else. If you don't tell us what exactly you want, we cannot advise you what to do.

Vragabond:
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He's asking HTML question, not PHP questions, anyway. I wouldn't have posted to the thread at all were it not for the fact that someone who was ignorant on a fact still wanted to argue about it.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

I think I answered your question, I wrote (I am using it for a image collection, instead of using the 10 in a page with the next button I wanted to use this feature for the sake of my design)

to advise me better I wrote (is this the only way to accompish something like this)

but sometimes ignorant are those that know so much that they dont take the time to read.

in closing I wrote (can't we all just get along
)

what part of that is ignorant to you.

thank you again

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back