Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Image (Ghost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jollynice

Technical User
Oct 17, 2006
ZA
Ho do I make an image (for instance with Norton Ghost) of a BCM 200/400 harddrive?

You cannot ghost the bcm drive by itself. You need the BIT image tool and you need the image cd's of the bcm version you want to re-image. As well you'll need to contact Nortel to obtain the BIT password to be able to use it.Ask your vendor, he should do this for you.

That's not true, I have been making Ghost images of BCM hard drive for 2 years and I have never had a problem. Just follow the instructions on ghost.

I use Ghost 2003 in dos interactive mode with the following command.

"ghost -clone,MODE=load,SRC=R:\37GA_BIT.GHO,DST=1,SZEE -ntchkdsk -sure –auto

replace R:\37GA_BIT.GHO with the path to your ghost-image"

Marshall

Acewarlock, i think the guy wants to duplicate his existing bcm hard drive and not really do a new image of uninitialised bcm 3.7, maybe i missed that.

That's what I do, I use an exisiting BCM hard drive to create a Master drive that I use to image all my new systems so I don't have to program the samething every time I install a new BCM.

Thanks for the answers guys. Yes I want to preserve all my programming and possibly use that for subsequent systems. So if I'm connected to the BCM I just start Symantec ghost on my PC and follow the instructions, right?

Secondly is there any way of doing something similar with a BCM50?

I don't think you can make an image that way, what I do is remove the hard drive from the BCM and run ghost on a PC with the HD connected and save it as an image. When I need to make a copy I hook a blank HD to the computer and run Ghost to make an image on the new HD and then I install it on a new BCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back