Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

image disappears in draw8

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick137

Programmer
Oct 15, 2002
GB
When scrolling or zooming in coreldraw8 the part of the image which is no longer visibile disappears permanently (so that it doesn't come back when you zoom out). This means whenever I zoom in to detail work I'm left with the picture clipped. This happens under XP but doesn't seem to be a problem with win 98. Is there a fix for XP because I don't want to have to put a 98 partition on my disk?

There are a couple of things here.

1) CorelDRAW 8 was not designed for XP, and as such, there are problems with using in under XP.

2) Does a Ctrl W help you to see the "clipped" portion? If it does, then it is video relatd.

3) The "clipping" sounds more like a refresh problem. Try turning down hardware excelleration. (I am not running XP here, but I belive) if you right mouse click on Mycommputer, then click on the Preformance tab, there may be a button at the bottom of this pallet that says hardware excelleration. Turn this to none. Then restart the system

I tried turning down hardware acc and it didn't make any difference. It just did it slower. Thanks for your help though. Nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back